The lost goggles

The day my favorite hat went missing I came home and wrote a blog story all about the incident, even pointing the finger at a kid working in the Lowes warehouse as the thief.  Found the hat on the floor of my van the next day.


Last week when my favorite pair of goggles were missing when I packed my stuff to head for home after a swim, the natural inclination was to do another blog story, which might just prompt them to reappear as well.

As much as I've bragged about two dollar thrift store goggles, usually there is a reason that someone tossed them into the donation box in the first place.  The lost favorites has started shipping water and I had half way decided to replace them, even god forbid stopping off at a sporting goods store on the way home from work one day.

A half way decent pair of new goggles cost about the same as I have spent at the thrift store in the last half year, so I came home with the new.  Anti fog coating works better than spit, and my eyes stay dry.

Day or two later I was at a standstill on some writing project, so I went ahead and did a text file story about losing the ex-favorite goggles, including pointing the finger as some noisy kids in the showers where I had left the goggles dangling from a hook.  Needed work, but a fun write nevertheless.

Next day, Saturday morning the only time all week I have access to the laundry around here, loading the washer I felt something tangled up in a pair of swimming trunks.  Low and behold, the lost goggles.

Some people would come up with logical explanations for the whole thing, but I'm going to stick with the Twilight Zone theme running through my head...

Comments

Popular Posts