THE DREAM

Vivid, colorful dreams played an important role in my life until several years ago when the nightly travels became disjointed images that no longer formed coherent narratives.  No fun stories, but on the bright side, no nightmares either.

Inexplicably the old style dreams started coming back a few weeks ago.  Nothing profound, just fun little scenes that lingered with me for part of the next day. Last night I even got to smooch a beautiful lady behind the ear - not someone from waking life who's little ear would put me over the moon if I were ever allowed the pleasure, but very fun nevertheless.

So then, later in that same dream and the phone rings.  Cousins on their way to Alaska, meet them at the train station at ten.  After sorting out a few details of the scenario happening at that time, I started tossing a few things into the duffel bag, head down to the platform wait for the train.

Wait a minute.  Those cousins are all dead.  Yikes - maybe I'm not ready to take that ride.

Comments

Popular Posts