damned if I do . . .


Finally realized that shoulder pain over the past few months has been exacerbated if not caused by swimming. Staying out of the pool for a while to rest the shoulders I went up to the cardio room for dry-land workouts. 

Almost obsessed with swimming, I actually like some things about working out upstairs with the gym rats better.  No pool schedules to worry about, don't have to change and shower, recumbent bikes get Spotify and I scored a killer set of earphones at the thrift store.

Next day after a decent workout I'm hanging on to the handrail going downstairs, gimpy knee acting up.  Is a storm brewing?  More likely peddling the bike hard enough to get the heart rate even close to swimming puts too much strain on the bad knee.

Especially after sister Annah's friend went septic and died from minor knee surgery, I want to hop along on that leg as long as I can before visiting the orthopedic surgeons.

Three prong solution to the problem.  Learn to workout up in the strength training studio without stressing the knee, learn to swim without putting the unnecessary stress on the right shoulder, lay around home couch potato.

Mostly couch potato the past couple weeks, shoulder and knee feel better than they have in months.  Doing myself more harm than good over at the Y?   

Comments

Popular Posts