Hey Coach

**Hey coach - get on a pe subs good side calling him coach - left my shoes in the equipment room toss me the key.  Good kid reminds me of the guy the pe coaches made me wrestle back at Ingraham half-century ago. Not supposed to let a student have a key. 

Couple minutes later outside,  the key snapped safely back in my lanyard, class fanning out on the field for flag football, three guys run up to me, 'we play football, not American football, give us the key so we can go back up to the gym and get our ball'  

Devil and the deep blue sea. They were right there when I tossed the key to the white kid, so now I'm going to refuse these three boys because they are Mexican? They play with a ball that doesn't have pointy ends.  On the other hand, never seen these guys before, and giving them the key is a greater risk that they will run amok back in the equipment closet.

Gambled and lost.

Head of security in my face five minutes later, and it's yes mam, no mam, shouldn't have done, won't do it again. Kept the whole story to myself, she don't care if the kids think I'm a racist old white man; but I do. 



Comments

Popular Posts