Eat what I want maybe?



As if I could stop myself.
Made up my mind to give up a favorite sweet treat, lighten the load around the middle. Pull less blubber through the water, cut a second or two off my lap time in the pool. Very next day I look over to the lane on my right, lose some motivation for the new dietary restriction.

Swimmer overtakes and scoots past leaving me gurgling in her wake.  Regular at the pool, lady of a certain age, never saw her with my glasses. Hard to see much underwater either without breaking the stroke, just an occasional indistinct figure out the corner of the eye. Astonished at what I saw as this person pulled past.

Sounds bad to say it this way, but she appeared as round as a puffer fish with smallish arms and legs wiggling around at each end.  Nothing at all like the U-Tube swimmers in coaching tutorials.

Can't help but think, how come I have to give up my fruit pies while this woman scoots up and down the pool as fast as I want to go and she is round as a butterball?

Later I noticed her in the hot tub and while she has the kind of figure a guy like me might make goo-goo eyes at under different circumstances, the view through the goggles was wildly distorted.

Nevertheless, leaves a guy wondering, maybe our bodies find their own shape regardless of our efforts to mold them into something we wish they could be?


Comments

Popular Posts